Contact us


Contact Us

In order to help you more quickly, please fillout the quick form and submit, or call 732.355.1311.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Toxic Chemical Lurking in Your Homes May Increase Your Risk of Illness or Reduce Your Property Value

Our homes are our sanctuaries. Whether we work from home, retreat there after a hard day’s work or spend our time in the home raising our families, we rightfully expect to feel safe within the walls we strive to maintain. Unfortunately, toxic chemicals can find their way into our homes, harming our health when we lease expect it. We are not talking about the ordinary household products that sit beneath your kitchen sink, but rather the dangerous pollution that was released by a nearby industrial source that has seeped into the earth and found a route into your home. Toxic exposure at home usually occurs through contaminated drinking water or polluted indoor air, but it can also occur through stormwater and other ground surface discharges that deposit chemicals right into the soil in your backyard.

Here are some things to look out for if you are concerned about exposure to toxic chemicals in your home:

  • Contaminated Water:  Drinking water can be contaminated by environmental releases in the area of a home’s potable drinking water well or in the area of a community-wide drinking water supply. Contaminated water may pose health risks to individuals who consume, bathe in, or breathe vapors from contaminated water. Exposure to contaminated water is known to make people sick and may increase their risk of developing cancer or other diseases.
  • Air Pollution (Vapor Intrusion): Contamination in the soil or underground waterways beneath a property can seep upward through the soil in the form of a gas and enter the inside of a home or business through small cracks in a building's foundation. Without knowing it, families can be inhaling dangerous chemicals discharged by a nearby factory, or gasoline chemical fumes from a gas station with rupturing tanks or piping systems.
  • Polluted LandHazardous chemicals can be released by a nearby gas station, factory, or industrial facility and wind up on your property. Owners of contaminated property may be less able to sell or lease the properties. Pollution in your backyard can also force you to alter your life. You might stop working in your garden for fear of harm from touching contaminated soil. You might stop growing your own vegetables, swimming in your pool, or hosting guests.
  • Sick Buildings: Renters, workers, and even homeowners can discover that they have been spending their time in a “sick building.” This can be due to poor maintenance, or toxic or defective building materials. Sick building syndrome can make occupants feel eye, nose, and throat irritation; headaches; dry or itchy skin; dizziness and nausea; fatigue and other things.
  • Toxic Mold: Mold is everywhere, but certain types are toxigenic, meaning that they can produce toxins. Ubiquitous and aggressive molds can colonize a home, belonging, and even the human body, causing various medical symptoms ranging from malaise and confusion, to permanent and sometimes debilitating conditions.

Residents of New Jersey : Call the Toxic Injury Lawyers If You Suspect Pollution or Dangerous Chemicals May Be Affecting Your Family or Community

If you believe that the release of a hazardous chemical has impacted your home or impaired your health, you should take immediate action. Toxic substances in the air, water, or soil can make you ill, and you can hold the responsible parties accountable. Your home should be your sanctuary. The Toxic Injury Lawyers can help you take your home back and get compensation for your injuries. You do not have to accept toxic chemical contamination on your property, in your water supply, or in your community. Get legal assistance from environmental lawyers with years of experience fighting for victims of toxic exposure. Call the Toxic Injury Lawyers to help ensure the protection and safety of your loved ones and property. Call us at 732.355.1311. You can also submit your case inquiry here.